The MTR Corporation will continue to offer MTR concessionary fares to HSUHK full-time students in the 2018/19 academic year. To enjoy concessionary fares under the Scheme, students are required to use a valid Personalised Octopus with “Student Status”.
• Full-time students: aged 25 or below (an applicant’s age is determined by the time when the application is submitted)
• Full-time day course: a day-time course which normally requires the participant to attend an acceptable institution for not less than 20 hours of academic institution each week for 30 weeks or more in an academic year.
• New application: HK$90 (The application fee comprises card deposit of HK$50, Scheme, a non-refundable service charge of HK$20 payable to Octopus Cards Limited and a non-refundable fee of HK$20 charged by MTR for administering the MTR Student Travel*.)
*A special rebate of HK$20 will be offered to FIRST TIME APPLICANTS for the Personalised Octopus with “Student Status”. The rebate will be given in the form of HK$20 usable value encoded on the processed Octopus.
• Activation/Renewal of “Student Status” on a Personalised Octopus Card: HK$20 (a non-refundable administration fee)
1. Application form can be collected from
– Outside M603, 6/F at Block M (available from late August with limited copies)
– MTR Customer Service Centres
– The Concessionary Offices located in Admiralty, Tai Wai or Siu Hong stations.
Forms can also be downloaded from MTR website at http://www.mtr.com.hk/en/customer/tickets/student_travel_scheme.html
2. A special counter will be set up at the Auditorium (D201), 2/F, Lee Quo Wei Academic Building (D), to endorse the application forms in the following sessions.
9-13 September 2019
16-20 September 2019
(Monday – Friday)
1:30am – 3:30pm
Venue: Auditorium (D201)
Please bring along the following items in person for verification:
– Completed application form
– Student ID card
– All supporting documents (if necessary)
3. Students should submit the endorsed application forms to MTR Customer Service Centre (please refer to the addresses listed on the application form) within 14 day from 1 September 2019 to 31 August 2020.
Student Finance and Resources
Student Affairs Office
Phone: +852 3963 5560
Office: M603, 6/F, Block M
MTR Hotline: 2881 8888
Monday to Friday, 8:30 am to 6:00 pm; Saturdays, 8:30 am to 1:00 pm (except Sundays and Public Holidays)