Government Financial Assistance Scheme (FASP/NLSPS)
(For Full-time Local Undergraduate Students Only)
The Student Finance Office (SFO) under the Working Family and Student Financial Assistance Agency (WFSFAA) of the Hong Kong SAR Government provides two financial assistance schemes, namely Financial Assistance Scheme for Post-secondary students (FASP) and Non-means-tested Loan Scheme for Post-secondary Students (NLSPS), to our local needy full-time students in the academic year 2023/24.
Financial Assistance Scheme Post-secondary Student (FASP) 專上學生資助計劃 [Means-tested]
FASP provides tuition fees grant, academic expenses grant and living expenses loan to students. Successful FASP applicants may also be granted for the Student Travel Subsidy, Hostel Subsidy and Additional academic expenses grant for students with special educational needs.
Non-means-tested Loan Scheme for Post-secondary Students (NLSPS) 專上學生免入息審查貸款計劃 [Non-means-tested]
NLSPS provides loans to students to settle the annual tuition fee.
All students are required to apply FASP/NLSPS via the E-submission Platform “SFO E-link”, no hardcopy of application form would be accepted. Student may apply both FASP and NLSPS in the same academic year.
After completing the online application, students shall submit the duly signed declaration (for paper signing) and supporting documents required by the government’s SFO through uploading to the SFO E-link / by mail / by hand within seven calendar days from the date of submission of your application.
(If you submit your documents by mail, please ensure sufficient postage is paid and provide a return address on the back of the envelope. Otherwise your mail may not be delivered to the SFO.)
- Students who applied for the above schemes in the 2022/23 Academic Year and wish to receive financial assistance in the 2023/24 Academic Year (the upcoming academic year), have to apply for it again.
- For maintenance of the platform for e-submission of FASP / NLSPS applications and revision of the e-forms for 2023/24, the e-platform for FASP/NLSPS applications will be closed in 12 January 2024.
- Applicants are advised to submit their online applications as soon as practicable.
For HSUHK Current Students: 30 June 2023 (Fri)
For HSUHK New Students:
- First Semester Intake- 29 September 2023 (Fri)
- Second Semester Intake- 14 February 2024 (Wed)
Late applications beyond 12 January 2024 would only be processed for circumstances that are beyond the control of individual applicants, for instance, commencement dates of their study programmes fall after 12 January 2024 or individual applicants experienced serious financial hardship as a result of drastic change in family’s financial situation in recent months. For such circumstances, the applicants involved have to provide documentary proofs to substantiate their claims. In any case, the SFO will not accept late applications for 2023/24 after 31 March 2024.
In case of doubt or discrepancy between the information provided on this websites and the government’s Student Finance Office (SFO), SFO’s version shall prevail.
HSUHK Programmes Covered under FASP / NLSPS
For HSUHK students, there are 2 types of Course Coding Sheet (CCS). Details are as below:
Level and Calculation of Financial Assistance
Financial Assistance Scheme for Post-secondary students (FASP)
The maximum level of assistance under FASP is made up of the following components:
- Tuition fees (TF) grant at annual tuition fees payable subject to a ceiling;
- Academic expenses (AE) grant; and
- Living expenses (LE) loan.
The ceilings will be reviewed annually. Updated information will be announced on SFO’s website in due course. If you would like to have a rough idea of your level of assistance, you may try the Financial Calculators (SFO E-link> Financial Calculators) provided at the SFO’s webpage.
Additional Financial Assistance Resources from SFO (for successful FASP applicants, if applicable):
- Student Travel Subsidy (STS)
- Hostel subsidy for undergraduate students
- Additional academic expenses grant for students with special educational needs
Non-means-tested Loan Scheme for Post-secondary Students (NLSPS)
The maximum amount of loan under NLSPS is the annual tuition fees payable in the academic year. Please refer to SFO’s website for more details.
Students are advised to take note of the interest calculation and repayment arrangement of the two schemes and plan ahead.
Supplementary Information for FASP Applicants
- Quick Reference for Completing Application Forms: [English version] /[Chinese version]
- Illustration of Reporting Income & Assets: [English version] /[Chinese version]
- Common Mistakes in Completing Application Forms: [English version] /[Chinese version]
Other Detailed Information
Student Finance and Resources Team
Student Affairs Office
Phone: 3963 5560
Office: M603, 6/F, M Building, Yuen Campus, HSUHK
Student Finance Office (SFO), Working Family and Student Financial Assistance Agency, HKSAR
24-hours hotline: 2802 2345
SFO Enquiry Hotlines During Office Hours
Financial Assistance Scheme for Post-secondary Students (FASP): 2152 9000
Non-means-tested Loan Scheme for Post-secondary Students (NLSPS): 2150 6222