Government Financial Assistance Scheme (FASP/NLSPS)
The Student Finance Office (SFO) provides two financial assistance schemes, namely Financial Assistance Scheme for Post-secondary students (FASP) and Non-means-tested Loan Scheme for Post-secondary Students (NLSPS), to our local needy full-time students in academic year 2020/21.
For HSUHK Current Students: 19 June 2020 (Fri)
In case of doubt or discrepancy between two versions, the Student Finance Office, Working Family and Student Financial Assistance Agency’s version shall prevail.
Course Code for FASP / NLSPS
For HSUHK students, there are 2 types of Course Coding Sheet (CCS). Details are as below:
Important Notes for HSUHK Students
- Students who applied for the above schemes in the 2019/20 Academic Year and wish to receive financial assistance in the 2020/21 Academic Year (the upcoming academic year), have to apply for it again.
- LATE APPLICATION for current students: Applications submitted to the SFO on or after 19 June 2020 are considered as the late submission. As required by the SFO, an explanation letter detailing the reason for the delay should be submitted as supplementary document to the SFO for verification and consideration purpose.
- Tertiary Student Finance Scheme – Publicly-funded Programmes (TSFS) and Non-means-tested Loan Scheme for Full-time Tertiary Students (NLSFT) are not applicable to HSUHK students.
Students are advised to take note of the interest calculation and repayment arrangement of the two schemes and plan ahead.
FASP/ NLSPS Useful Information from SFO
- FASP: http://www.wfsfaa.gov.hk/sfo/pdf/common/Form/fasp/FASP_1B.pdf
- NLSPS: http://www.wfsfaa.gov.hk/sfo/pdf/common/Form/nls/NLSPS1B.pdf
Supplementary Information provided by SFO (New)
- 2020-21AY FASP – Points to Note for Submitting Online Application [Chinese version]
- 2020-21AY FASP Online Submission_Points to Note for Filling-in Family Income [Chinese version]
Important Notices from SFO
- Expediting the processing of applications from post-secondary students whose families are in receipt of the Comprehensive Social Security Assistance (CSSA) (2020/21 Updated) [Chinese version]
Other Detailed Information
Additional Financial Assistance Resources - Community Care Fund
(Only applicable to eligible applicants)
Increasing the academic expenses grant under the Financial Assistance Scheme for Post-secondary Students (Updated on 15 April 2019)
- English version: https://www.wfsfaa.gov.hk/sfo/en/postsecondary/ccf/aeg/overview.htm
- Chinese version: https://www.wfsfaa.gov.hk/sfo/tc/postsecondary/ccf/aeg/overview.htm
Enhancing the academic expenses grant for students with special educational needs and financial needs pursuing post-secondary programmes (Updated on 15 April 2019)
- English version: https://www.wfsfaa.gov.hk/sfo/en/postsecondary/ccf/sen/overview.htm
- Chinese version: https://www.wfsfaa.gov.hk/sfo/tc/postsecondary/ccf/sen/overview.ht
Student Finance and Resources Team
Student Affairs Office
Phone: +852 3963 5560
Office: M603, 6/F, Block M
Student Finance Office, Working Family and Student Financial Assistance Agency, HKSAR
Tel: 2802 2345 (24-hours hotline)
Financial Assistance Scheme for Post-secondary Students (FASP)
Tel: 2152 9000
Non-means-tested Loan Scheme for Post-secondary Students (NLSPS)
Tel: 2150 6222