University Graduation Requirements:
(Applicable to all students of 2021/22 intake and onward, Year 1 & Year 2 students of 2020/21 intake and onward, and Year 1 students of 2019/20 intake and onward)
To enhance the atmosphere of holistic learning and student development, and to encourage students to pursue diverse personal enhancement and all-roundedness through participation in integrated and experiential learning activities and devising their self-directed learning, iGPS Unit requirement is set as University Graduation Requirements.
No. of iGPS Unit to be achieved before graduation
Points to note:
1. Only current year iGPS Unit claim records will be counted
2. 9 iGPS Units will be counted at most in each academic year
Application for iGPS Units
- Download the Certification of Participation (for iGPS Unit only) (SAO_SFR_Form 4).
- Acquire signature and the official stamp from the organizing unit for certifying your participation, otherwise, your application will not be processed.
- Complete this online form and upload the endorsed application form and supporting document(s) (if any).
- Keep the original copy of the Letter of Certification and proof (if any) of your participation, in case of any dispute of record.
Timeline of the working schedule
Integrated / Experiential Learning Experience
Successful completion of an integrated or experiential learning experience could be regarded as completion of 3 iGPS Units, subject to fulfilment of the following criteria
- Engaged in an activity with not less than 10 hours of participation
- Submission of post-participation report outlining the unique learning experience achieved relating to iGPS
- Verification and endorsement by
- staff member/ a representative of the SU of the University who is the learning experience-in-charge; or
- designated teaching staff; or
- designated staff of the SAO, as appropriate
Report on Integrated / Experiential Learning Experience (SAO_SFR_Form 5)