MTR Student Travel Scheme
The MTR Corporation will continue to offer MTR concessionary fares to HSUHK full-time students in the 2019/20 academic year. To enjoy concessionary fares under the Scheme, students are required to use a valid Personalised Octopus with “Student Status”.
- Full-time students: aged 25 or below (an applicant’s age is determined by the time when the application is submitted)
- Full-time day course: a day-time course which normally requires the participant to attend an acceptable institution for not less than 20 hours of academic institution each week for 30 weeks or more in an academic year.
- New application: HK$90 includung:
- HK$50 refundable Octopus deposit
- HK$20 non-refundable fee service charged by Octopus Cards Limited
- HK$20 administration fee levied for MTR Student Travel Scheme*
*A special rebate of HK$20 will be offered to FIRST TIME APPLICANTS for the Personalised Octopus with “Student Status”. The rebate will be given in the form of HK$20 usable value encoded on the processed Octopus.
- Activation/Renewal of “Student Status” on a Personalised Octopus Card: HK$20 (an administration fee)
1. Application form can be collected from
- Outside Student Affairs Office (M6 lobby), HSUHK,
- MTR Customer Service Centre
- The Concessionary Offices located in Admiralty, Tai Wai or Siu Hong stations
- Forms can also be downloaded from MTR website
http://www.mtr.com.hk/en/customer/tickets/terms.php (Desktop version only)
2. A special counter will be set up to endorse the application forms in the following sessions.
Location: Auditorium (D201), 2/F, Lee Quo Wei Academic Building (D)
Date: 9 – 13 & 16 – 20 September 2019 (Mon – Fri)
Time: 1:30 pm – 3:30 pm
After the above said period, please proceed to SAO counter at M603 for the endorsement during the office hours
Please bring along the followings items in person for endorsement and verification:
- Completed application form
- Valid HSUHK Student ID card
- All supporting documents (if necessary)
3. Students should submit the endorsed application forms to MTR Customer Service Centre (please refer to the addresses listed on the application form).
If your “Student Status” expires on 31 October 2019 and is not Renewed, full adult fares will be deducted from your Personalised Octopus when you travel on the MTR. As advised by MTR Corporation Limited, please keep the Application Procedure for your information.
Student Finance and Resources
Student Affairs Office
Phone: +852 3963 5560
Office: M603, 6/F, Block M
Hotline: +852 2881 8888
Monday to Friday, 8:30 am to 6:00 pm; Saturdays, 8:30 am to 1:00 pm (except Sundays and Public Holidays)